Fully remodeled, urban, boutique-style apartments in the heart of downtown.
Woodbury Place is an intriguing transformation of the former Merkel Donohue Building located in the thriving Washington Square Neighborhood of downtown Rochester. The ambitious renovation of this turn of the century building includes 26 modern one-bedroom loft-style apartments, the new home of Turner Engineering, and space still available for a cafe, office, or other use that wants the modern industrial feel.
Each unit features exposed brick and beams, expansive windows with striking city views, stainless steel appliances, quartz countertops, designer lighting, and more. The building includes an extensive geothermal heating and cooling system that equates to green living and extremely low utility costs for all residents.
Additional benefits include free internet and DirecTV within every apartment, secured access at all entrances, free parking, digital laundry onsite, huge windows, and much, much more.
Due to the high volume of interest, the units are renting fast. Contact us right away to schedule a tour!
- High-end security throughout the building (key fob system)
- New free parking
- Massive cutting edge glass entrance
- Pet-friendly (Breed & Size Restrictions)
- New modern elevator (accessible by key fob)
- LED lighting throughout the building
- On-site laundry with the option to pay by credit card and text message upon cycle completion
- Wheelchair-accessible with large corridors and stairs, including new handicap elevator
- Exclusive paintings decorate the wide corridors throughout the building
- Unique lobby digital interactive frames
- Bike storage
- CCTV camera system
- Oversized rooms with exposed natural brick and 12 ft. high ceilings
- Oversized windows with noise-reduction technology
- High-security locks, digitally operated with a unique personal code
- Geothermal heating/cooling for lower energy bills. Hot water included
- Modern kitchens exclusively made by a local company, with German technology for durability
- Energy-efficient, stainless steel, high-end GE appliances
- High-speed internet included
- DirectTV included (basic package)
- Custom-made shower doors with brick walls and concrete floors make each unit unique
- Custom-made built-in closets
- USB outlets throughout the apartments
- Professional management team.
- Renters will receive welcome letters with concierge-quality info and monthly updates promoting green living
* Pricing Subject to Lease Term Availability
- Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
- Harts Local Grocers
- Owl House
- Tapas 177
- Founders Cafe
- West Edge
- Flight Wine Bar
- Max at Eastman Place
- Aunt Rosie’s
- Roc Brewing Company
- Pane Vino
- Pizza Stop
- Genesee Brewery
- Abundance Food Coop
Arts & Entertainment
- Geva Theatre
- Blue Cross Arena
- Rundell Library
- Strong Museum of Play
- The Little Theatre
- Eastman Theatre
- Downstairs Cabaret Theatre
- Genesee River and Riverwalk
- Washington Square Park
- Manhattan Square Park
Rochester, NY 14604
Geothermal Heating, Cooling, and Hot Water
Woodbury Place is one of two or three residential buildings in Rochester to utilize Geothermal Heating and Cooling. While the first cost of a Geothermal HVAC system is substantially higher, we believe the sustainability, reduced carbon footprint, and reduced operating costs of this system offset the higher first cost.
Geothermal Heating and Cooling uses the stable temperature of the earth to heat and cool the building. At Woodbury Place, we have 21 wells in the parking lot, each reaching a depth of 500 feet below the surface. Water is circulated through these wells and heat is rejected or absorbed to the earth, depending on the season. The benefits of this system are many:
- No fossil fuels are used to heat the building or hot water
- The heat pumps are electric and can be up to 400% efficient – that is, they move four units of heat for every unit of energy they use
- The heat pumps can use the heat on the sunny side of the building to heat the shady side, “sharing” heat within the building
- During the summer, the heat from the building is used to make all the hot water in the building
- During the winter, the warmth of the earth can be used to make hot water
- Energy models demonstrate that the geothermal HVAC system costs 40% less to operate than a similar system utilizing electric heat
- No carbon monoxide
- Reduced maintenance costs
Woodbury Place uses 100% LED lighting throughout. LED lighting is very efficient, contains no mercury, and operates for years before burning out.
In the stairwells, the lighting fixtures use 3 watts each when the stairs are unoccupied. When a person enters the stairwells, the lights immediately ramp up to their full brightness of 30 watts. Two minutes after leaving the stairwells, the lights go back down to 3 watts. Similar fluorescent lights would each use about 60 watts of power 24 hours a day. This results in 92% energy savings.
Schedule your apartment tour today!
1 Woodbury Blvd.
Rochester, NY 14604